A large part of the reason that I write historical fiction is that I know very well how a good story can bring the past to life for me, and how much better I learn history from a carefully-researched novel than from a page full of dates and names.
As an educator, I know that you’re always looking for new material that you can use to light up your students’ understanding of the past, and I’d like to do what I can to help. I am happy to offer a free ebook copy of any of my novels to any educator – homeschool, private school or public school – who’d like to review it for potential classroom use. Just fill in the contact page below, and include what ebook format you can best use.
I’ve also prepared Discussion Guides for each of my titles, and I invite you to download them and make use of them:
- Discussion Guide for The Prize
- Discussion Guide for The Light
- Discussion Guide for The Declaration
- Discussion Guide for The Smoke
- Discussion Guide for The Break
- Discussion Guide for The Wind
- Discussion Guide for The Darkness
- Discussion Guide for The Path
- Discussion Guide for The Freedman
- Discussion Guide for The Tree
Finally, I’d be happy to speak to your students, whether in person, if my travels bring me nearby, or via video chat. Include your needs in your message to me, and I’ll work with you to accommodate you.
I look forward to working with you!